STRAWBERRY & GOAT CHEESE KALE SALAD with SWEET MAPLE BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
This salad is absolutely packed with antioxidants to fight damaging free radicals, and nutrients to help balance and strengthen your skin/hair/nails and to help repair tissue damage. The strawberries lend a sweetness to the sometimes bitter-tasting kale, and the goat cheese adds both creaminess and fat. To top it off, a fantastic combination of nutrient-dense seeds to lend a dose of essential minerals, with a homemade sweet maple balsamic vinaigrette.
- 4 cups kale raw, washed/dried & chopped
- 1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries raw, sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup goat cheese soft, crumbled
- 1/4 cup seeds hemp, poppy & chia
- 2 TBS dried cranberries unsweetened
- 3 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 6 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS maple syrup
- dash of sea salt & pepper freshly cracked/grinded if possible
- 1/2 tsp basil leaves dried (optional)
Once all ingredients are chopped/sliced, place the kale in a bowl and top with a TBS of extra-virgin olive oil & a bit of salt, and massage with your hands for a few minutes. This stage of making a kale salad is CRUCIAL! If you've ever had a very bitter, tough-to-chew kale salad, you'll appreciate the difference.
Add the rest of the toppings - shallots, strawberries, nuts, cranberries, seeds & goat cheese.
Combine all ingredients in a jar or bowl and top with lid/shake, or whisk until combined.
Top salad with vinaigrette and combine. Let sit for 10 minutes to soften kale leaves even further and combine flavours.
This recipe can be made without cheese, or by substituting vegan cheese if desired.